We are passionate about history...
After over twenty years of working in Boston photographic industry we moved north of Boston to a small New England town. I started volunteering at a local historical society and became enthralled in the beauty of their collections. It was then and there I decided to contribute my photographic knowledge to a worthy cause - preserving our American heritage and the important historical collections.
Fine Arts Photographer
Douglas is a graduate of Massachusetts College of Art and Design, and received his B.F.A. Photography in 1984. He received the honor of top 100 New Photographers a year and half out of college. This set him on his way to receive numerous awards and grants throughout his twenty-four plus years as a fine arts photographer.
Night Magic, Douglas Cannon
Photographic accomplishments include:
- Top 100 New Photographers Maine Photographic Society
- Polaroid grant 20 x 24 camera- images in the Polaroid collection
- Illford Corporation Grant for large free standing images
- Rockport Art Association - art association member
- Puffin Foundation Grant for Historical Images
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Grant- Polaroids of Museum Collection
- New Art International 2007 Publication Featured Artist
Our passion to preserve history...
...derives from the fact that we have very little documented family history of our own. Our family heritage remains an aloof mystery intertwined with tales from unreliable sources. We may never learn the true stories of our past, but we have become determined to assist others with preserving their histories and artifacts for future generations.
MA Education, Mixed Media Collage Artist
Educator, college professor, director of programming and chairperson of an art department are just a few of the many hats I have worn. The hat I prefer is the artist beret, working in my studio creating collages in a variety of mediums and enjoy each unique outcome.
Dream, Nora Cannon
Artwork accomplishments include:
- MA Museum of Fine Arts, Tufts University 1992, B.F.A. Massachusetts College of Art and Design 1990
- New Art International 2007 Selected Artist
- Who’s Who In American Woman contributions in Art Education
- One Hundred Languages of Children first edition contributing Author Ablex Publisher 1992
- Tufts University Education Graduate Scholarship
- Trustees Award Massachusetts College of Art and Design